I’ve made some progress sewing the seat cover; the front half is done. It looks okay, but the bottom of it is a bit wonky. I’m not completely sure where I mis-measured. Fortunately, it’s smooth and symmetrical from above, so it doesn’t look horrible. It’s good enough — after all, the entire bike will be a “20-footer.” I initially chose red thread because I planned to add a contrasting top stitch around the seams, but I’ve decided to skip that, at least for now. I’m deliberately making it a snap-on cover, so it won’t be hard to recover it at some later date, after I’ve got it up and running. Of course, I might still totally screw up the back half and have to start over.
January 26, 2023
Engine and frame color ideas
January 5, 2023
Bultakenstein’s motor is built!
October 3, 2022