You know the old saying, “Measure twice, cut once?” Of course you do; it’s a well-known saying for a reason.
Even though I started by making up a hardboard template first, my first set of tabs for Bultakenstein’s lower engine mounts mysteriously ended up 1.5mm short. And, of course, I cut both of them before checking the fit.
Fortunately, my second set, shown on the right, are spot-on.
The motor mounts finally went to the welder today (responsibly dropped off in a ziplock baggie at his garage door), which has me very excited. This was a long time in coming. The tabs will be spaced out further than shown in these photos, with some spacers that can be fine-tuned later if necessary, to ensure the countershaft sprocket is perfectly aligned to the chain run.