IT FINALLY HAPPENED! I rode “The Bride” on a short 2-1/2 mile loop through the neighborhood this morning. There’s still a lot to work to do, but I can now officially say I have designed and built a ridable motorcycle, pretty much from scratch. The exhaust is too loud, the carb jetting needs serious work, and I have no instruments yet. Plus, there are plenty of cosmetic touches needed.

The electric start does work, but the battery is fairly small and doesn’t have a lot of cranking amps. I ran down the battery futzing with it before I got it running.

Here are a couple of additional photos, plus an annotated version for those of you playing along at home.

Leave a Reply

Related Post