I have the rear fender on The Bride. I managed to get it mounted straight, and I didn’t have to resort to P-clips. Drilling a few holes in plastic may not seem like much of an accomplishment, but it took longer than expected.

I had to make spacers to fit between the original fender mounting bracket on the frame and the new fender. You can’t really tell from the photo, but the bottom ends had to be cut at a noticeable angle from perpendicular to match the curve of the plastic fender. Opposite, on the inside of the fender, there’s a sheetmetal stiffener.

I extended the bolts for the seat and exhaust to pass through the fender, and I think that worked well. The bolt on the right is too long because it doesn’t pass through a muffler bracket, as the the one on the left does, but it was the only matching bolt I had. I’ll shorten it at some point.

I also mounted the tail light and license plate. The no-name LED tail light is attractive and bright enough, but the bracket holds the license plate almost horizontally. I hope I never get hassled about it for what amounts to a scooter/mini-bike hybrid. And yes, that’s a Vermont plate. I haven’t had the gumption to take it to a Missouri inspection station for a VIN verification. My state is super-strict about vehicle titles.

The next item on the punch list is some pins on the swingarm to engage the snail adjusters. This will likely be a pair of M5 socket-head screws, threaded in and then reenforced with a couple of tack welds on the front of the heads. Then I can mount the final drive chain.

I suppose I’m probably pretty close to being able to start ‘er up, if I wanted. Unfortunately, there’s nothing under that plastic pulley cover right now. I know just enough about CVT tuning to know that I know nothing about CVT tuning.

Leave a Reply

Related Post